Forwarding calls from your iPhone can be a lifesaver when you need to take a call but don’t have your cell phone with you. Plus, it can be helpful if you want to screen calls or if you simply don’t have time to deal with the call right now. There are a few different ways to forward calls from your iPhone, and this guide will walk you through each one.
If you’re ever in a situation where you need to take a call but don’t have your cell phone with you, there are several different ways to do it. You can forward the call to your home phone or another number, or even screen the call so that you don’t have to answer it. This guide will walk you through each of these options.
How To Forward Calls From Your iPhone
There are a few ways to forward calls from your iPhone, depending on the app you are using.
If you are using the Phone app, open it and tap the call button. On the menu that appears, select Forward Calls. On the next screen, enter the number you want to forward the call to and tap Forward.
If you are using another app, such as Messages or Facebook Messenger, open that app and compose a new message. In the message body, type @[phone number] and press send.
Note: Forwarding calls will not work if you are using a VoIP app, such as Skype.
If you are having trouble forwarding a call, please contact customer service for assistance.
How To Forward Calls From An Android phone
Forwarding calls from an Android phone is very similar to forwarding calls from an iPhone. To forward a call on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app and select the desired contact.
- On the right side of the screen, tap the three lines in the upper-right corner of the contact’s info box.
- Select “Settings.”
- Under “Call forwarding,” tap “Add new.”
- Enter a name for the call forward (e.g., Home) and tap OK. Tap Save at the bottom of the screen when you’re done.
- To activate the call forward, tap the new forward number in the Phone app and enter your phone number. If prompted, tap OK to add the forwarding rule to your phone’s dialing plan.
- To deactivate the call forward, tap the number in the Phone app and enter your phone number again. If prompted, tap OK to remove the forwarding rule from your phone’s dialing plan.
How To Turn Off Forwarding On Your iPhone
When you make a call from your iPhone, the number that shows up on your caller ID is the number of the phone you are calling, not the number of your iPhone.
Now when you make a call, the number that shows up on your caller ID is the number of the person you are calling, not the number on your iPhone.
If you want to turn to forward on so that calls to your iPhone show up on the caller ID of your other phones, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Call Forwarding.
- Toggle On Forwarding on Your iPhone.
- Save your changes.
- Reload your current call.
How To Turn Off Forwarding On An Android Phone
To turn off forwarding on an Android phone: 1. Go to “Settings” on your Android phone. 2. Scroll down and tap “Call Forwarding.” 3. Tap the “On/Off” switch to turn off forwarding.
To turn on forwarding on an Android phone:
1. Go to “Settings” on your Android phone. 2. Scroll down and tap “Call Forwarding.” 3. Tap the “On/Off” switch to turn to forward on. Get More Post Visit.